Image Map

Thursday 7 August 2014

Loom Bands





Many apologies for the extreeeemely belated blog post, my dear readers! I haven't had a camera for the last few days/week and therefore haven't been able to take photos, resulting in no post!

This post is about loom bands. I know, I know - I am EXTREMELY late into this craze. I admit that, when I first saw 8 and 9 year olds sporting the weird multicoloured rubber band creations on their wrists, I was dubious. To be honest I thought they were a bit stupid and a few of my friends shared the same view. We bitched about them, a lot.

However, my opinion has changed about them. I've been staying at my Godmother's house for the past few days and she has two children, a 6 year old boy and an 8 year old girl - who I hadn't seen for months. Yes, there were awkward silences, what can you ask children of that age? I know how much I /hated/ being asked about school so I thought it best to avoid that subject entirely. Then I spied a box of loom bands and, genuinely curious, asked

"Ooh, loombands! Can you teach me?"

2 hours later and I was sat on the floor, legs cross, eyes concentrated and working on my 5th loomband. I had mastered the fishtail.

They are ADDICTIVE I tell you. Like seriously, I never thought I'd get into making a bracelet out of rubber bands but I couldn't have been more wrong. Maybe it's because they're quite similar to the 'Scoobies' that I was addicted to when I was little.

So, there we have it - Loombands, I'm an official addict now. And before anyone calls me a loser, someone made a dress out of Loombands and sold it for around £154,000... who's a loser now, eh? That will totally be me in a few months.... I can wish.

So what are your thoughts? Cool? Weird? Got any creations to share - I'd love to see!

Toodles,
D x

(P.S look at this pretty cool suit)

(P.P.S disclaimer - photo's in this post are not mine) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-18175673-1